These Muesli Bar Bites with White Chocolate are essentially made with three ingredients, muesli, white chocolate and sweetened condensed milk. Take it up a level and you can make your own muesli, which I would encourage, as per the recipe.
This way you can control what goes into it and also pick and choose the fruit, seeds and nuts you like! This is a great snack alternative to muesli bars. These are the ultimate lunch box snack for kids and adults alike.
- 1 cup of rolled oats
- 20 grams pepitas
- 20 grams sunflower seeds
- 15 grams raw almonds, chopped roughly
- 25 grams chopped dried apricots
- 25 grams chopped sultanas
- 200 mils sweetened condensed milk (99% fat free)
- 30 grams white chocolate cooking buds
- Heat oven to 180 degrees
- Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a bowl
- Mix through the condensed milk
- Spoon mixture onto an oven tray lined with baking paper. I made 14 balls from this amount of ingredients
- Bake for 10-15 mins til they turn golden
- Let them cool
- Melt white chocolate in a bowl over a boiling saucepan or melt in the microwave.
- Drizzle over cooled muesli bites and allow to cool before storing in an airtight container
These muesli bites are a mix of good and bad. Lots of fantasic vitamins from the seeds and fruits, mixed with some sugar and chocolate for the kids (and some grown ups in my house). You could use 2 cups of a pre-mixed untoasted muesli to replace the dry ingredients and this would be even easier! I have estimated based on the brands that they come in at around 88 calories each (for those of us watching the scales). Post is modified from 2 ingredient Muesli Bars at Kidspot
- Serving Size: 14
Tips for making these Muesli Bar Bites:
Muesli: Grab a combintion of fruit and seeds similar to the recipe but feel free to mix it up. I love a combination of chopped figs, cranberries, or currants. My favourite seeds are sunflower and white chia seeds.
Texture: if the mixture feels a little too wet, just add a little more oats to the mixture. You want to be able to form them so that they stay together in a nice ball that holds togehter.
Storage: Make sure you pop them in a airtight container, and that they have fully cooled prior, otherwise they will go a bit soggy.
Condensed Milk: Please note that this ingredient is super high in sugar. Therefore, this should be a treat! It contributes around 8.5 grams per bite! Plus the chocolate on top.